CAROLINE STONE INSTITUTE
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Excellence in Global Osteopathic and Functional Manual Medicine Education
JULY 17-18, 2021
Testimonial from recent Russian Webinar Version:
It is difficult to imagine how IMPORTANT the webinar on "Infant Feeding" was - not only for newborns and their mothers, but also for children of any age, including those with torticollis, plagiocephaly, speech delay, facial injuries, head injuries....
So GREAT is the knowledge of Caroline Stone - just IMMENSE. This includes anatomy, innervation, blood supply, and ANS. Everything is clear, clear!!! THE SOUL rejoices from the contact with such an AMAZING PERSON! And asks for SILENCE, so as not to frighten off this feeling of WARMTH, KINDNESS, and desire to share everything!
For me, the seminar is, as they say, "in the hands". Newborn 13 days, from the condition of hypoxia, for a long time having been in a forced position with a tilt of the head to the shoulder, with a pronounced deformation of all the bones of the skull and not sucking the breast, with hypotonic neck muscles; and 7-year-old with a split lip, the so-called "torticollis", then pain when swallowing (only liquid food)!
And how many women with lactation problems!
HUGE THANKS to Caroline, and Tatiana, Sofia, the organizers of the beautiful technical support for the webinar.
Thank you for all the past webinars and look forward to the next one!!!
EARLY INFANT CARE - PRACTICAL COURSE - PAEDIATRIC ASSESSMENT ROUTINES - WITH FOCUS ON SETTLING, SUCKLING, SLEEP, BIRTH TRAUMA, BONDING, GROWTH, DEVELOPMENT AND MSK / MOVEMENT / SHAPE / POSTURE DYNAMICS
Caroline Stone D.O.(Hons), MSc(Ost), Med MClinEd
IN PERSON PRACTICAL COURSE (INCLUDES VIDEOS OF BABIES AND TECHNIQUES, AND TOY DOLLS FOR PRACTICAL ORIENTATION).
WANTAGE – JULY 17-18, 2021. PPE REQUIRED. 2-6PM SAT, AND 9-5PM SUN.
PAEDIATRIC ASSESSMENT ROUTINES:
THEME – PERINATAL DEVELOPMENT, TRANSITION AND INDEPENDENCE, AND THE ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY OF SUCK, SWALLOW AND BREATHE, MOVEMENT AND EARLY REFLEXES, BONES, DYNAMIC CRANIUM DYNAMICS, PLAGIO, TORTICOLIS, MOVEMENT DISORDERS, MYOFASCIAL AND VISCERAL CONSIDERATIONS, – OSTEOPATHIC APPROACHES TO CARE.
• Birth strain, dynamics of the cranium, intraosseous development, strain and innervation, spinal-trigeminal system and links to early infant care and function, non IVM approach to venous sinuses, CSF, glymphatics, dural dynamics and global body orientation to the midline.
• Developmental anatomy of the face, head and coelum – how do we fit together? Movement, and impact on posture, shape, plagio, torticolis and hip issues.
• Intrauterine development and legacies - on being born.
• Establishing independence and co-regulation – maternal and infant interaction
• Maternal dynamics for feeding
• Interconnections between gut and lungs – myofascial, microbiome and neural connections, impact on autonomic stability
• The circulatory system – just what happens in circulation and what does this have to do with feeding?
• Suck, swallow, breathe – what is this - rhythms and oscillations in infant feeding.
• The anatomy of suck – head, neck, throat dynamics – function and assessment
• The anatomy of swallow – mediastinal, diaphragmatic, visceral and abdominal issues – function and assessment
• Neural interfaces – how does it all work?
• Sensory motor interactions – communication, feedback and complexity
• Primitive reflexes – function and assessment
• Confounding factors such as pain, arousal and dysautonomia
• Summary – what can we do to support the infants in their early life? Assessment, management and monitoring.
THERE IS A HUGE ONLINE CPD PROGRAMME TAHT SUPPORTS ALL THIS THEORY - THERE IS A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF INFORMATION BACKING UP THIS PRACTICAL COURSE, ANDYOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO TAKE THE ONLINE OPTION TO INTEGRATE YOUR CLINICAL APPROACHES. This can be purchased separately on osteobitesize.com
The Mother and Infant Care ONLINE Series
To buy, go to:
This new ONLINE course combines the ever popular ONLINE paediatrics series with the ONLINE obstetrics and post partum course. Its not quite 2 whole separate courses put together, but it contains all the obs and post partum, and around half of the paeds series. Accordingly the price is adjusted reflects the extensive content but still cheaper than buying the 2 programmes separately. This is a huge resource for all things mum and bub, and looks at a whole range of osteopathic approaches and concepts for the care of mum through pregnancy, pain, movement and posture, general pregnancy ailments and problems, preparation for labour and delivery, post partum care, recovery from tissue injury and returning to function, breastfeeding and settling into the new family role and dynamics.. For both it covers the materno-foetal interaction and which is so important - showing how their journey together through pregnancy, birth and beyond sets the scene for some many 'presentations'. For the babies it covers infant birth trauma, infant pain, unsettledness, autonomics, arousal, moulding, intraosseous strain, movement dynamics, neurosensory integration, feeding, ears, breathing, digestion, development, motor coordination, growth, red flags, risk assessment, examination and treatment considerations and loads more. Long term access to online resources.