CAROLINE STONE INSTITUTE
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Excellence in Global Osteopathic and Functional Manual Medicine Education
Testimonial from recent Russian Webinar Version:
It is difficult to imagine how IMPORTANT the webinar on "Infant Feeding" was - not only for newborns and their mothers, but also for children of any age, including those with torticollis, plagiocephaly, speech delay, facial injuries, head injuries....
So GREAT is the knowledge of Caroline Stone - just IMMENSE. This includes anatomy, innervation, blood supply, and ANS. Everything is clear, clear!!! THE SOUL rejoices from the contact with such an AMAZING PERSON! And asks for SILENCE, so as not to frighten off this feeling of WARMTH, KINDNESS, and desire to share everything!
For me, the seminar is, as they say, "in the hands". Newborn 13 days, from the condition of hypoxia, for a long time having been in a forced position with a tilt of the head to the shoulder, with a pronounced deformation of all the bones of the skull and not sucking the breast, with hypotonic neck muscles; and 7-year-old with a split lip, the so-called "torticollis", then pain when swallowing (only liquid food)!
And how many women with lactation problems!
HUGE THANKS to Caroline, and Tatiana, Sofia, the organizers of the beautiful technical support for the webinar.
Thank you for all the past webinars and look forward to the next one!!!
BREASTFEEDING, LACTATION AND INFANT FEEDING COURSE -
NEW IN PERSON COURSE
Caroline Stone D.O.(Hons), MSc(Ost), Med MClinEd
IN PERSON PRACTICAL COURSE (INCLUDES VIDEOS OF BABIES AND TECHNIQUES, AND TOY DOLLS FOR PRACTICAL ORIENTATION).
WANTAGE – JULY 17-18, 2021. PPE REQUIRED. 2-6PM SAT, AND 9-5PM SUN.
THEME – PERINATAL DEVELOPMENT, TRANSITION AND INDEPENDENCE, AND THE ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY OF SUCK, SWALLOW AND BREATHE – OSTEOPATHIC APPROACHES TO CARE.
• What do you need to feed, and how do you do it?
• Developmental anatomy of the face, head and coelum – how do we fit together?
• Intrauterine development and legacies - on being born.
• Establishing independence and co-regulation – maternal and infant interaction
• Maternal dynamics for feeding
• Interconnections between gut and lungs – myofascial, microbiome and neural connections
• The circulatory system – just what happens in circulation and what does this have to do with feeding?
• Suck, swallow, breathe – what is this - rhythms and oscillations in infant feeding.
• The anatomy of suck – head, neck, throat dynamics – function and assessment
• The anatomy of swallow – mediastinal, diaphragmatic, visceral and abdominal issues – function and assessment
• Neural interfaces – how does it all work?
• Sensory motor interactions – communication, feedback and complexity
• Primitive reflexes – function and assessment
• Confounding factors such as pain, arousal and dysautonomia
• Tongue tie – what is it – tissue development, reflex considerations and chemical signalling.
• Summary – what can we do to support the infants feeding? Assessment, management and monitoring.
(sale price re-instated!)
THE FULL NEW AND REVISED PAEDIATRICS SERIES - INCLUDING MUSCULOSKELETAL AND SYSTEMIC / VISCERAL AND DEVELOPMENTAL ISSUES FROM INFANTS TO ADOLESENTS
To buy, go to:
This is a series of 15 lecture modules plus many other resources and videos, offering over 30 hours of evidence based clinical relevant education and osteopathic concepts, including practice guidance and technique commentaries.
BY POPULAR DEMAND, COVID SALE RE-INSTATED - COST - SALE COST IS £150 (IF YOU RECENTLY PAID £300, CONTACT ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU FREE ACCESS TO ONE OF MY OTHER TITLES).
This course covers a wide range of things, including birth dynamics, bonding, breastfeeding, infant settling and sleep, development, reflexes, learning and motor sensory integration, special senses, hearing, coordination, balance and vision issues. It looks at biomechanics, growth and orthopaedics, osseous dynamics, head shapes, moulding, torticollis, retained reflexes, stress and pain in children, transition physiology in newborns and arousal / sleep dynamics. It consider visceral issues in infants and children, and looks at the changing skeleton and body dynamics over time - through to puberty and beyond.
Gives many insights into common conditions seen in osteopathic clinics and gives a lot of discussion and guidance regarding treatment and care approaches, and roles / boundaries / risks and evidence in support of practice.
WATCH THE VIDEO TO SEE WHAT THIS OPTION CONTAINS. (video may refer to sale price, which no longer applies) Over 30 hours of lecture videos, other technique videos and explanatory videos and articles, online resources and useful guides and information. ACCESS - INDEFINITE - watch / access all the resources as many time as you like. Please note: if you are a clinic owner and want to buy access for your associates you can have a bulk discount on second and subsequent purchases you buy of the same series. Please contact me directly to organise.