CAROLINE STONE INSTITUTE
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Excellence in Global Osteopathic and Functional Manual Medicine Education
Caroline is re-publishing the Science in the Art of Osteopathy book, due to popular demand! Details coming soon.
Visceral and Obstetric Osteopathy is in the top 100 books about Chiropractic and Osteopathy on Amazon.
Caroline has published various reports, papers and books throughout her osteopathic career including:
Science in the Art of Osteopathy: Osteopathic Principles and Models: Osteopathic Principles and Practice Paperback – Illustrated, 21 Oct 1999. Publisher: Nelson Thornes Ltd; ISBN-10: 0748733280 ISBN-13: 978-0748733286
Visceral and Obstetric Osteopathy, 1e Paperback – 11 Jan 2007 Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; ISBN-10: 0443102023 ISBN-13: 978-0443102028
Viscera Revisited: a Study Guide Paperback – Apr 26 1999
Assessment of osteopaths: Developing a capability-based approach to reviewing readiness to practice. Caroline Stone, David Boud, Paul Hager. International Journal of Osteopathic Medicine, Volume 14, Issue 4, 2011, Pages 129-140, ISSN 1746-0689, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijosm.2011.09.001
• Article: "Viscera Revisited", British Osteopathic Journal, 1987.
• Article: “Osteopathy and Urinary Incontinence”. British Osteopathic Journal, 1995, Vol. XVII, Pages 6-8.
• Article: “Extrinsic mechanisms of continence.” British Osteopathic Journal, 1996, Vol. XVIII, Pages 8-9.
• Article: “A literature review of the potential relationship between pelvic biomechanics and lower urinary tract dysfunction.” Physiotherapy, vol. 82, no. 11, pages 616-620.
• Article: “Urinary dysfunction - an osteopath’s approach”. Journal of the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Women’s Health. 1997.
Article - unpublished survey results from my Masters in Clinical Education Thesis:
Paediatric Osteopathic Capabilities – an exploratory study and development of possible curricula and assessment concepts. Submitted as part of Masters of Clinical Education Degree, University of Auckland, 2011.
Capabilities of Paediatric Osteopaths, July 2015 Caroline Stone A Report For the Osteopathic Council of New Zealand.CLICK HERE FOR REPORT
Report on Overseas Assessment Process for ANZOC, 2011
(file now replaced with a different document)
Report on Research Project to develop a model of osteopathic capabilities. Prof Paul Hager, Prof David Boud, Caroline Stone
15 June 2009.
CLICK HERE FOR THE 'CAPABILITIES FOR OSTEOPATHIC PRACTICE' AS REFERRED TO IN THE REPORT.
CLICK HERE FOR OCNZ ADOPTION OF SAME CAPABILITIES - OCNZ POLICY PROPOSAL, WHICH WAS APPROVED.